Tuesday, November 2, 2010

"DM-Luck :Winner chosen for $2500 cash prize"-This is a spam sms

Hello Friends,
   On one fine evening after I got a SMS from provider.The SMS is from 'DM-Luck' and it goes as follows,"Winner!99xxxxxxxx is chosen for $2500 CASH prize,call 0068273446 now".

 I have seen several kinds of spam mail claiming me as winners of lottery.But this was my first experience as an SMS to my personal number.
 I immediately went to Google and searched the same. To my surprise many people have posted in a forum that they got a  similar kind of SMS and I confirmed it as spam.
 I also told to my friend about this and he too told me that some of his colleagues too got some spam SMS like this and few even attempted a call to it.
 They lost Rs10-15 (Indian Rupee) per minute.
So my dear friends,if you receive any suck kind of SMS, just delete it.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

hi Ganny,
This is part of a 'mass marketed' fraud that is illegally using International 'premium rate' phone numbers.

The numbers are being supplied to fraudsters who are sending out bulk sms.
Many of the companies that supply the numbers being used also supply the terminating equipment. This equipment when called asks the caller numerous questions in order to keep the victim on the line to rack up the call charges.

Your phone companies take a share of these charges before passing the rest on to be shared between the International carriers and other parties involved.

The victims phone number can be selected from the blocks of known numbers that your Government allocated to the Indian phone operators.

here are just two blocks of International numbers currently being used to target customers in India.
There are many more.

Austria 'premium rate'
http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/438

Macedonia 'premium rate'
http://whocallsme.com/Phone-Calls.aspx/389

more information here:-
http://www.the-scream.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?p=236977#post236977

somebody should contact your media.

Post a Comment

Total Pageviews

twocolumns

 
Design by Free WordPress Themes | Bloggerized by Lasantha - Premium Blogger Themes | Hot Sonakshi Sinha, Car Price in India